Category: Workin’ on the house

  • Me and my bees: pt.1

    Recently, Natalie and I noticed that there was a tiny breech in the eaves on our house where there appeared to be a few bees congregating. We thought there must be a hive up inside the roof somewhere, but weren’t sure how big it was.  The bees also seemed to be rather docile, so I […]

  • Me and My Outlets

    I saw this cartoon today and really felt this guy’s pain: We recently swapped out all of the electrical outlets and switches in the house.  In the midst of doing that, the electricity in the bathroom stopped working. I had McKeel come over with Kirby and they put their heads together to try to figure […]

  • Me and My Door

    For those of you who don’t know, we bought a house. We’re really excited about it and are glad to be home-owners again. Granted, it’s a lot of work, but we are incredibly blessed with very good friends who are extremely loving and talented. Here’s what I mean: We closed on the house on a […]

  • Me and My Yard – part 4

    Before reading on, be sure to read part 3. Natalie and I put down the garden hose in the back yard, according to her drawings and began digging up the grass. My neighbor had a compost bin and graciously agreed to allow us to put the pulled-up grass in the bin. Digging up grass with […]

  • Me and My Yard – part 3

    When we first bought the house, both the front and the back yard were pretty bland; like a blank canvas. Within the first year of owning the house, Natalie decided to take advantage of the blank canvas and spruce up the landscaping. We first attended to the front yard: we dug up the ground in […]